Sunday, March 22, 2015

Volunteering for Research

To me, some of the interesting research opportunities include tongue movement and coworker relationships. Also, some boring opportunities include soy's effect on diseases and food research for children and their parents.
The tongue movement study sounds interesting to me because they put sensors on your tongue and face and record data while you say sentences or phrases. The data recorded will help them to determine factors and reasons that hinder people with speech disorders. Also, anyone over the age of 18 can participate in this research which means I can do so. Pretty interesting and cool to help out the public. My mother is also a speech therapist, meaning I would technically be helping my family by participating in the study.
Secondly, the coworker relationship research sounds interesting and caught my attention because it's kind of a big topic in some areas. Also it is appealing to me because I'm currently employed and have been for the last four years. This research is a survey based on supervisor to coworker trust. I feel like this is an issue in most work environments in today's society and needs to be addressed and if I can help why not.
Most of the research opportunities here at PSU are available to all students because you only have to be 18 years or older to participate. So if you can help the community or the world, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment